Monday, September 14, 2015

To Breakfast or Not to Breakfast?

The Believing Game 

Everyone likes games, right? But, nobody likes losing. The Believing game, as it's referred to as by writing theorist, Peter Elbow, is an interesting game. It's a game in which you cannot tell which opinion the writer holds. It involves writing “as if” you share the worldview of the other author. If you play the game right, your reader should not be able to tell whether or not you endorse an opinion you’re summarizing. Are you able to tell if breakfast is essential in my daily agenda, or not? 


These two images are featured in the February issue of Reader's Digest  









Breakfast for the Win 

I’m sure I have heard the old saying, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” about a million times, but it’s because it’s true. Breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is what gives me the energy I need to make it through the day. When I wake up from a long night’s sleep my body has been fasting for about seven or eight hours, meaning I have basically been starving myself for quite a while. A healthy breakfast is a crucial way to kick start my day. Besides, breakfast food is some of the best tasting food ever invented. Eggs cooked to perfection, French toast smothered in syrup, or even just a quick bowl of cereal is what I live for. Most nights I will go to sleep and dream about what I’m going to eat for breakfast. Without breakfast I would be mopey and lazy all day long. I wouldn’t want to sit around and listen to my stomach grumble obnoxiously loud all morning. Breakfast is what gives me my energy, therefore I need it.

What Even is Breakfast? 

Most mornings I wake up and walk down the stairs to a disgusting smell slowly creeping its way up through my nostrils. I’m instantly aware of the smell. I know right away my mom is in the kitchen cooking eggs and bacon. It makes me nauseous having to smell this disturbing odor. I absolutely hate eating food in the morning. I’m not hungry in the morning, nor do I even have enough time to eat. Besides, eating breakfast doesn’t matter. As long as I have my coffee, I am good to go. Breakfast is easily the least important meal of the day to me. I usually just wait until lunch to eat something. Skipping breakfast is one of the better choices I have made in my life. It saves me time, helps me keep my weight in check, and allows me to enjoy my lunch more thoroughly. Whoever says, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

3 comments:

  1. You're definitely the type of person who eats breakfast. The biggest giveaway for me was "disgusting smell slowly creeping its way up through my nostrils." Even if you don't eat breakfast that smell is amazing and can stir up an appetite in anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely the type of person who eats breakfast. The biggest giveaway for me was "disgusting smell slowly creeping its way up through my nostrils." Even if you don't eat breakfast that smell is amazing and can stir up an appetite in anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that you are the type of person who eats breakfast. I think that because your points in the first paragraph explain why breakfast is more important rather than not eating it. As you stated, It is the most important meal of the day.

    ReplyDelete